With digital transformation being the buzzword of today, Telco’s are quickly gaining traction by leveraging the latest technological advances in IoT and analytics.
Telecom is in the midst of a giant revolution and is truly acting as the key enabler towards a more digitally inclined tomorrow, thanks to advances in AR, VR, microservices and more, necessitating a faster and more connected future. 5G implementations are running at a high pace. The fiber optics industry is growing at a pace of 15.2% CAGR, with the industry standing at $4 billion in revenue world over. Through these heaping revolutions, businesses are increasingly facing the brunt of competition and are now in the tangles to realign business structures to endear the cloud era.
The biggest bottlenecks that the Telco’s have to overcome are:
- Inventory optimization: With decreasing profit margins, it is now more important than ever to invest time in restructuring the planning and designing phase for not just upcoming expansions, but also general maintenance. Integrating new technology into the system increasingly leans towards the convenience of placing physical inventory in a single location that is geospatially linked strategically. Lepton Software’s Smart Inventory is able to provide enterprise information sharing solutions, using an intelligent paradigm that enables Telco’s to create, visualize and update inventory through on-cloud and on-premise applications.
- Initial investments for expansion: Increased site surveys are posing challenges to telecom enterprises and are currently the main reason for soaring customer acquisition costs. For 4G expansion, in particular, the sensitivity of the bandwidth necessitates extremely accurate planning. Using intelligent solutions such as Lepton’s NetworkAccess provides automated and accurate information using stunning visuals that can capture not just geographic but even demographic information that can be incredibly handy in deciding the phases of expansion. This software not only helps Telcos in saving money on-site surveys but also saving execution time inevitably leading to faster ROI.
- Field service inefficiency: In the light of increased expansion of fiber networks, it is extremely crucial to maintain unhindered service to customers in order to reduce churn rates. The most common reason for churn is not a disruption of services, but the subsequent handling of complaints. Customer service in times of problem-solving requires efficiency in terms of fault-detection.
- Moving to the cloud and other IT challenges: System Administration is challenging and with a bid to move infrastructure management to the cloud, it is extremely important to ensure operational efficiency during the transition. A robust end-to-end management system like NetworkAccess is the ultimate solution to reducing the burden of operational and its costs.
- Asset Management: Non-discovery of capital goods is a consequence of bad reporting and inefficient operations management. This not just eats from the profits, but also leads to decreased company evaluations, during funding rounds for expansion.
- Capital Management inefficiency: Capital Management is one arena that can make or break a company’s expansion phase. While collecting inventory data is not the issue, cleaning it up in such a way that it can drive sales is the challenge. As new cards are added, removed and replaced on an ongoing basis, tracking the consequences of the changes is where the real money lies in terms of making informed decisions. Using Smart Analytics, service providers can have an accurate view of the current status of usage efficiencies and can easily channel investments in the right direction.
Using intelligent software that can help plan, track, assess and scale through accurate analysis is the much-needed respite for Telcos. Network Access, built by, Lepton Software helps overcome each of these challenges through 5 smart modules, each designed specifically for the telecom industry. Furthermore, these modules are tailored to exactly fit your company’s requirements.